Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Between The Woods and Frozen Lake

I don't often use filters and don't have many on my laptop. I do, however, have several phone filters and liked this one for Dexter (who lives between fields and a frozen lake).



Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

—Robert Frost

10 comments:

  1. We like that frosty poem and that is stunning photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how what an important part of your day snoozing is.

      Delete
  2. Such a cutie :) I love that poem too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two lines stay with you, don't they?

      Delete
  3. Must be while I am often so tired. Just trying to get in all the miles I can. Glad your cat can sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often feel as if I've got miles to go before I sleep and considering the amount of times I get up during the night I guess I do.

      Delete
  4. Hello, I like the kitty image. Wonderful poem to go with your photo. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed to fit although in a kind of sarcastic way (;

      Delete
  5. This photo is so nice. The right filter for your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed as if it was snowing inside and this is what the plump little goofball could be dreaming.

      Delete

 Please don't link your blog in the comments or it will be deleted. Your comment, not your blog, but wouldn't that be unsettling? Blog Hop Links are in the sidebar.

Search This Blog

Big Rope Little Dog

It's been a tough week so I'll leave you with a few more phone pics. This rope smells like you and you belong to me therefore ...